Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and Taste of Nova Scotia have teamed together again to provide another opportunity for Nova Scotia agriculture growers, processors and manufacturers, culinary, and agri-tourism businesses to visit Philadelphia and Cape May and learn how to bring visitors to their business and partner with complementary businesses and sites to enhance the visitor’s experience; encouraging repeat visits from locals as well out of town tourists.
Philadelphia and Cape May was selected for this important education mission for the following reasons:
- Located 1.5 hours apart, Philadelphia (Philly) and Cape May offer diverse and unique culinary experiences that align well with Nova Scotia’s offerings.
- Philadelphia was recently named by The Washington Post as #6 on the list of America’s Top Ten Foodie Cities.
- New Jersey was recently named “America’s Most Edible State” by Saveur Magazine (who devoted an ENTIRE issue to highlighting the state’s culinary scene), and our mission will focus on the seaside culinary offerings in a region that Nova Scotians will recognize as much like their own.
- For ease of travel and maximum productivity, Philadelphia and Cape May is a destination that is relatively easy to access and is affordable for Nova Scotia companies.
The Best Practices Mission to Philadelphia and Cape May will include:
- Return transportation Halifax- Philadelphia
- 4 nights hotel
- Ground transportation related to the mission activities
- All meals
- All attraction tickets/admission
Please review the attached recruitment package as it provides all the necessary mission details and eligibility requirements. Spaces are limited and only 12 participants will be selected. The deadline for application is Friday, September 30, 2016. Successful applicants will be charged a total of $690.00 + $103.50 HST = $793.50 for this mission. Please submit payment along with your application.
For more information click here:best-practices-opportunity-overview